1. The first two weeks of December, I basically spent every spare moment (and some not-so-spare moments) working on made christmas presents and reading books. I am so proud for having all four of my made presents sent off with a week to spare. Certainly a record for me. And I'm excited to show off several of the gifts we made, and plan on soon doing a blog post of all the made gifts I can remember making or being made, so you siblings and mom will have to add to my list with your memories. Like this little apron that was from when I was my boy's size:
2. Did various christmasy things, all of which I have no good photo documentation of, like the Lighted Boat Parade on the bay, seeing santa a few times, organizing the primary kids to do the nativity program at the church christmas party. "Organizing" is certainly the wrong word for it. The 3-5 year olds held little cardboard animals, and the highlight of the program was certainly our little buddy Maverick using his sheep as a machine gun to shoot the audience during the scripture reading. His dad nicely coined the phrase "ma-sheep-gun." Also, I made a lego star topper for our tree this year. It's about the only ornament that is left, with Tanner and all.
3. Went up to San Francisco to visit Cami who was visiting Dan. I had a great little trip. AND I am now able to answer Dylan's tough question he's been asking me this month of "Where do you want to move when I quit my job?" I LOVED Berkeley. Dylan immediately shot me down due almost entirely to liberal politics. But I'm ready. It has interesting people, interesting buildings, and beautiful weather. What else is there to want? Here is the view from the lawn of the hotel we stayed in while we were there:
The energy of San Francisco is always so refreshing (besides the driving) and I always wonder why I don't spend more time there. We went across the golden gate bridge to the children's discovery museum (and added Sausalito to that aforementioned list...). Cami has the pictures on her camera of actual people, but here's one of the museum without kiddos in view:
Here are a few pictures of the fun chaos that Cami captured:
4. Ethan has a new look, just in time for Christmas
Watch for pictures from the Ugly Sweater Party we are attending tomorrow evening. They are sure to be a hit! Have a merry christmas!



No comments:
Post a Comment