Friday, January 17, 2014

Home open house

Many of you have visited us (Yay!  Thank you!), but for those who have not made it yet, here is a tour of our home in pictures. However, you are not off the hook on visiting us! I really have loved our home, especially today when it is 82 degrees outside in January, and I ate my lunch on the lawn with Carter who had no shirt on.  I have actually mostly been cold since I have been here; this week is abnormally warm.  Our house doesn't stay very warm.  The other day I told Dylan I just needed to have a summer (since summer, winter, and everything in between are basically all the same, and it doesn't get hot) and then I would be okay.  Well, apparently I got summer in January, since this week has been amazing.  Too bad I have two sick kids at home, but I'm still soaking it up while it lasts.

Back to the tour:

Here is the front of our house.  The only big drawback is that we live on a pretty busy street.  It's hard to pull out of our driveway.  And I would drive past my house every single time the first few weeks I lived here because it is around a curve and not very noticeable.  But I don't mind it not being noticeable.  I would feel self-conscious in a pretentious house.


As you come in, the door opens up to an open living area with the living room on left side, the kitchen and dining room on the right side, and the family room past the two in front of you with doors to the bedrooms and bathroom off the family room.  I love having an open living area again, and although our house is not a whole lot bigger than the Morro Bay house, the bedrooms are smaller and the living area is larger, which has been great.  We did have to get rid of one of our awesome beds, the bulldozer bed, because two beds would not fit in the bedroom, and we didn't want to give up the master bedroom/bathroom to the kids.  So, we have bunk beds now for Ethan and Carter, and Tanner sleeps in the pirate ship.  And we still have skylights!  This was one thing I was prepping myself to be missing from Morro Bay.  But we have them here too in the living room, kitchen, weight room, and kids room.  So, I still have lots of natural light and I don't ever need to use lights during the day.  We don't have the seagull bums to look up at anymore, but that was quite the novelty.

Living room:

Kitchen/Dining Room
 
Family room: 
 
Backyard: 
 
Ethan and Carter's room:
 
Bathroom off of family room:

Tanner's room:
 

There is this little room between the family room and our bedroom/bathroom that Dylan turned into his weight room.  At first, I was resistance and grumpy because he put down gray foam mats over the interesting tile floor to keep the weights from breaking them, but I am used to it now.  The other feature that is a little strange here is the glass wall between the master shower/bathroom and the weight room.  So, if you try really hard, you can watch people shower from here.  But, it is generally not an issue.


Master bathroom:

This tub is pretty awesome.  The boys like to take what they call bubble, bubble, bubble baths where we put bubble bath and three boys in and then turn on the jets.  Once, Tanner couldn't sit down in the bath because the bubbles went over his head.  It is not all perfect though.  The plumbing in this place is weird.  The pipes rattle when you turn on and off the water, and the shower takes, no joke, five minutes to warm up hot enough to get in, and then has very low water pressure.  Dylan has thought about re-plumbing the house, but we'll most likely just live with it, and continue thinking every shower we take elsewhere is amazing (including the coin-operated shower at the campsite we went to).

Our bedroom:

Lest you are questioning all that you know to be true and reasonable, and are now thinking I am some sort of super-mom, my house is not ever this clean.  I had to take the pictures as I cleared each room.  Between the time that I took the living room picture and when I got two other rooms clean enough to take pictures of, this happened:



And there you are!  This is our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment