Here's the highlights reel from the last few months:
Broken Bones
I think you probably know about Tanner and his broken elbow, but for posterity's sake and what-not, we have spent the last month with our one-year-old in a cast because he is one expert climber, but he went down with Carter when Tanner pushed him off the toy bookshelf. And Thursday, the cast came off! All healed!! I am greatly relieved. Okay, I know there's that whole "yay, his elbow's healed" but for me, it really was "yay, I can give him a really good bath." It just had gotten stinky, and I am happy to submerge that little blond head and get him spotless for the first time in a month.
Some More Mud
Ammon came out for my second mud run, although I think adventure race is a better name for this one, because I actually ended it soaking wet, but not really muddy. Anyway, it was a lot of fun. In fact, fun enough that I wrote a thank you email to the creators and the event site owners to encourage them to do it next year. The obstacles were very cool, and I never thought I would get to say this about a running event, but there was a surprising amount of swimming.
I actually haven't done any running since then, unless you count freeze-tag and running to the bus stop, but I will certainly do another one of these mud runs. They make running worth it. I am hoping there is one that conveniently will be in Utah when we go out for the Perkes family reunion, and if not, we will have to create one. Because I am going to this reunion, no matter what. I do not want to be disowned by my grandma for missing three in a row.
Mud Hole
So, for the first time in a long time, I am actually considering moving away from Morro Bay. Dylan has been trying to get me to move to Atascadero (translated to Mud Hole in Spanish) for years now, and I have been extremely resistant because of how much I love it here. But we truly need a yard. I have been looking every week for about six months now, and have found nothing here that has a yard and would not cost us $3000 per month or more. And that is really sad to me. And so I have softened a little on Atascadero and have been doing my research this week. I mean serious research. I have researched school district maps and test scores, had a principal give me a tour of a school, driven past probably 15 houses for sale or rent, talked to four families that have lived in both places, tried to convince my close friends here to move with me, and compared average monthly temperatures. For those who are unaware, Atascadero is about 1/2 hour away from us up a winding road away from the beach. So, I would be leaving beach, hikes, friends, and walking everywhere. And gaining oak covered hills, an actual summer, less cost, and a substantial yard. However, I have decided that they must have a city-wide ordinance requiring oak cabinets, gold accents, and a brick/stone fireplace in every home. Ya know, for conformity and all. So, I'll let you know. If we moved, I would want to move this summer before school starts. We went to tour one of the homes and while we waited for the realtor, my boys had such a great time chasing lizards, playing with sticks, and exploring. So, we'll see.
That's about it around here! Our summer officially starts on Friday. I'm not really sure what we are going to do with ourselves. All I have scheduled so far is swimming lessons and lots of playing outside! I welcome any visits!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment