LOVE
I got a girl's night out this week, AND a date with Dylan. I am a lucky girl. The highlight of the date was our trip to Castaways (the thrift store around the corner). There was the inappropriate statue that Dylan convinced me to buy for Alissa as payment for babysitting. And the pictures for sale for $.50 each. I'm not talking about sweeping landscapes or mona lisas. This was about 150 3"x 5" photos of random girls dressed up for prom, or a bearded man's trip to Tokyo in 1979. Who buys that? So, we each picked out photos for our "vacations" and Dylan's narration won. My imagination was lost somewhere back when I was 5, after I wrote my crowning work, "O, The Family of the Banes". Read it? I've got it, if you haven't.
LAUGH
Carter coming upstairs in the morning with socks on, and socks only. Sorry no pictures, but it made me smile.
LEARN
I am supremely proud of myself for this one. I installed the drive shaft on Dylan's '65 mustang during Tanner's nap. And Dylan was not even home to ask for tips. How cool is that?! He asked me if I wanted to do it and told me how, and I gave him a "Yeah, right" look, but then thought about it, and did it.
LITTLE LOATH
Hitting another snag on the entitlement process for our mini-storage. The county changing the environmental impact determination and a series of neighbor complaints can't be good. Someday we will stop pouring time and money into this thing, but unfortunately, that day is not today.
___
I didn't have any great pictures related to my post, but I do have some great pictures from our utah trip taken by my lovely sister Katie. So, here they are:
No comments:
Post a Comment